WARNING - This is a gaming blog from the point of view of a female. Not a way of seeking attention for my wonderful breasts. And any further questions on this matter will promptly be deleted.
So as implied, I am a girl. And I am most definitely a gamer. Put the two together and you get me - a 20 year old with a huge dream to become a Gaming Journalist. I promise to bring you all the reviews and general bollocks about what's going on in the Gaming industry!
But one last warning: I do swear continuously.I will be vicious back. And I HATE Call of Duty.
E3 2012 DAY TWO: MISCELLANEOUS
* Star Wars gets a beautiful demonstration - The newest LucasArts release, ‘Star Wars 1313’ was shown to audiences in disbelief at the sheer beauty and advancement of it’s graphical abilities. It’s rumoured to be running on next-generation hardware, perhaps on the Unreal Engine 4. Described to take place in a ‘never-before-seen dark and mature world’, players will control a deadly bounty hunter as he uses human skills and powerful weaponry to bring the dangerous Coruscant underworld to life.
* South Park gets physical - The newest title for the 4 troublesome youngsters South Park: The Stick of Truth has been dated for March 5th 2013. Announced by creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker during the Microsoft conference, the game was also revealed to have pre-order bonuses for players and XBOX 360 users will also receive the ‘Mysterion Superhero Pack’, featuring new items and costumes from popular episodes of the show. The game will come with Kinect support and voice commands for taunting enemies, launching attacks and best of all; insulting Cartman.
* The Devil May Cry new trailer - The stylish trailer shows Dante gaining unorthodox entry to a club before battling a screen-filling demon. The trailer showcases some impressive environments and the game’s deep combo system, as well as a now officially confirmed but pushed back release date for January 15th 2012. This new title will attempt to reboot the franchise portraying a parallel universe and a younger Dante and a new character addition in the shape of Kat, a skilled medium and physic who will guide Dante through Limbo. CLICK ME for the launch trailer.
* Kinect gets sporty updates - Voice commands will now feature in the new releases of ‘Fifa 13’ and ‘Madden NFL 13’s. In the football title, gamers will be able to scream for substitutions, alterations in tactics and barking orders to teammates from the comfort of their lounger. However, hold your tongue; punishments will be given if you curse out loud! And for the pig-skinners, in the same way of Fifa 13, audible commands will effect your gameplay when attacking and defending.
* Xbox get’s all touchy feely - The announcement of ‘Xbox SmartGlass’ means the Xbox will now become a new experience to tablets and smartphones. The service will communicate WITH your xbox 360, allowing you to send media between the devices. Media will be able to be played simultaneously on both systems as well as being fully capable for gaming such as arranging multiplayer battles in Halo. It’s featured browser? The predictable Internet Explorer we’ve all grown to love/hate.
* A celebrity takes to the stage - ‘Dance Central 3’ is officially announced, but not by a suit or an athletically-challenged business man. But instead by dance sensation Usher through a show-stopping performance of his new song ‘Scream’. Though additional details are slim at the moment, no doubt it will have Kinect users screaming YEAH YEAH YEAH… I’m sorry I had to do it.
* The GOW:Project is finally uncovered - Oh yes, for some the main event was this announcement; here comes ‘Gears of War: Judgement’. Going backwards into the story of the trial involving Baird and his Kilo Squad, players will be introduced to COG prosecutor Colonal Loomis. The new title will feature class-based ultiplayer and a ‘Team Fortress’ inspired online mode. Wanna see the debut trailer? Of course you do - CLICK ME.
* Tom Clancy Strikes Back - Another Splinter Cell project is officially comfirmed accompanied by a gameplay demonstration showcasing Sam Fisher’s newest action styles. It also demonstrates its new Kinect add-ons including the abolity to distract enemies and call for support all through voice commands. The trailer comes with the relevation of a spring 2013 released, instead of the earlierJanuary predictions, see it here - CLICK ME.
* More fitness titles for Kinect - Up next for the athletic release board is the ‘Nike+ Kinect Trainer’, a new titles made to measure your technique and fitness levels. Made by Nike coaches and customised for the individual player, it seems to be integrated with existing Nike apps to present daily reminders and motivation techniques to players with their backs turned from the console - how intimidating.